Fourteen prisons in Rwanda house more than 60,000 prisoners. The children of the prisoners often live with them, as they have no family members to care for them. This is one of the many devastating results of the genocide. Yet there is hope. The Prison Fellowship of Rwanda is working at every level to improve the life of the prisoners and their children by providing food, education, basic teaching for the inmates, or training of chaplains and others who will carry the work within the prison.
Your donation helps to provide:
• Teaching and training of prison leaders, inmates, and chaplains to create sustainable delivery of messages about reconciliation and the Gospel, including funds for transportation and teaching materials
• Prison entrance frees and transportation costs for preaching in the prisons
• Gifts for prisoners
• For the needs of the children of prisoners: food, stimulating activities, educational materials, soap, and other sanitary items
• Vocational training (carpentry, construction, farming) for the older children of the prisoners
• School facilities (primary, secondary and vocational) for children of prisoners
Note: If you desire to designate a particular use of your donation, you may indicate that during the checkout process. If no project is specified, the funds will be used where most needed. Thank you for your partnership with The Word for All Nations in our desire to come alongside this ministry in Rwanda. At least 90% of your gift will go directly to the projects on this page. A minimal amount may be withheld for administrative costs.